I am European, my spouse is filipina, desire a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

I am European, my spouse is filipina, desire a visa or perhaps not ? – Great Britain Forum

My spouse and me personally you want to invest some times in London in September


My partner is filipina, she’s got the residency that is belgian and filipino passport.

We do not find topics that are relevant it, also on embassy site it is confusing.

Therefore if we travel togheter along with her passport, residency card, delivery and wedding certification, DO SHE WANT TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION FOR A VISA OR OTHERWISE NOT ?

We should prevent the customs in UK telling us „No, no entry, your spouse requires a visa. „

The visa costs 170EUR here, that’s quite a cost

Many Many Thanks ahead of time for your responses or advice

12 replies to the subject

Maybe you have checked from the following web site?

It seems that she might not desire a visa IF she’s got articles 10 Residence card – one specifically marked ““Residence Card of a member of family of a Union Citizen”

Needless to say we examined this amazing site but :

Are you considering travelling with or visiting either your spouse or even a grouped member of the family in the united kingdom?

That is the concern we do not realize : does it indicate the partner or member of the family (me then) has British nationality or european nationality ?

When we answer yes, no need visa.

Then a visa is needed if we reply no

For people you will find different definitions. Im maybe maybe not inhabitant of UK, and I also’m belgian, maybe maybe not english.

Exactly what your spouse needs is determined by which kind of residence card she’s got. You can find three kinds. If she’s got a residence card granted under Article 10 (because of the wording “Residence Card of a member of family of a Union Citizen”) or Article 20 associated with the Directive (because of the wording “Permanent Residence Card of a relative of a Union Citizen”) then she just requires a marriage certification to prove she actually is hitched to you (along with a valid passport of course).

Then she also needs to apply for an EEA Family Permit if she has a residence card issued under Belgian domestic legislation which is not an Article 10 or Article 20 card as above. There is absolutely no cost for getting an EEA Family license.

In a choice of situation, this woman is just eligible to go to the united kingdom WITH you, or you are already here and she is travelling to meet you (and she can prove it) if she is travelling. As said, it really is your duty to test your situation that is own the conditions for entry are explained here:

Your spouse is travelling to you, you may be (presumably) the owner of an EEA country passport. The point that is critical – and only you can easily respond to this – is when the Residence card is within the proper structure with an explicit mention of Article 10. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/e…

That is plainly shown in the her F card „Residency card of family member of an EU citizen“, so I assume we are going to avoid to pay for worthless charge. Many Thanks a whole lot for the good and answers that are fast

HI, i will be in the identical situation she has an Belgium F card as you: I’m a Belgian, live and work in Belgium, my wife is Kenyan. This indicates that it’s maybe not articles 10 card, therefore I guess we truly need an EEA household license. This will depend as to how you browse the relevant question in the gov.uk web site as mentioned before : are you considering travelling with or visiting either your spouse or a member of family in britain? therefore, does which means that i want to live or act as an Belgium in the united kingdom or not? I merely like to bring a tourist check out beside me n my spouse to London for X-mas.

The following issue: whenever we assume the solution of past real question is Yes, as my spouse will join me personally toghetter to carry a brief trip to UK, and now we do have to apply for the EEA family license, totally free, then afther checking out the „apply“ website link into the phrase „You must apply online through the Visa4UK solution for the EEA family license“ with this web site: https://www.gov.uk/family-permit We have to make an application for also to make an application for various kinds of visa’s, however the EEA familypermit is nowhere found on https://www.gov.uk/apply-uk-visa THEN we end in some kind of cycle with similar concern about what kind of visa no actual choice of EEA at „submit an application for a trip or transit visa“ neither on „submit an application for all the visas“ afther we run the enormeous questionlist, we wound up in submit an application for an 6month visa for the charge of 110 euro. Therefore I think, it is really not feasible to try to get an EEA family license from the formal internet site. Can anybody assist? Thanks

Under most circumstances, your spouse won’t get articles 10 card (or Article 20 card, that is similarly good) unless you’re „exercising your directly to movement that is free in a EU/EEA country that is perhaps not your house nation (ie perhaps maybe perhaps not Belgium). Then you would be exercising that right and your wife could get a card under Article 10 and travel with you to the UK without a visa or an EEA Family Permit if you were living/working (or had lived/worked) in an EU/EEA country outside Belgium (it wouldn’t matter which country. She’d only need her very own national passport and her wedding certification.

For the second concern, unfortuitously, the web system doesn’t let me see just what alternatives you might be given unless we produce a dummy account while making an application that is dummy. My understanding is the fact that there are 2 dilemmas:

When navigating the internet site, it generally does not offer you any solution to pick „EEA Family Permit“ until AFTER you’ve got created a merchant account.

2) also it isn’t obvious which choices you have to make from the various drop-down boxes to reach the option for „EEA Family Permit“ after you have created an account,. From memory, in my opinion (but just think, that you have to select from the boxes as follows answers in brackets because I can;t see that section of the site):


VISA TYPE: EEA/Swiss Family user

VISA SUB-TYPE: Family person in an EEA National

The wizard that is website then guide you through all of those other procedure without any indicator you need to pay a charge.

We queried this not enough clarity/guidance with all the home business office recently, and received a reply they „will observe your feedback with British Visas and Immigration (UKVI) that is the main office at home, and certainly will assist them to help make the content clearer if necessary“ as well as a closure admission for my enquiry.

Edited: 3:53 pm, October 29, 2018